Assoc. Prof. Dr Fam Xeng Inn
Consultant Urologist in UKM Specialist Centre, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Dr Fam attained his Degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Master Degree of Doctor of General Surgery (Dr Gen Surg) from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM). He subspecialized in Urology and was awarded with Urology Fellowship by Royal of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgrow FRCS (Urol) (Glasg). He is a certified urologist by Malaysian Board of Urology (MBU).
Dr Fam is an Associate Professor of Urology, he specializes in Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery. He is also expert in performing all kinds of endourological surgery.
His expertise is in treatment of kidney, bladder, prostate, testis and adrenal cancer, kidney, ureteral stone, benign prostate enlargement and other urological dieases. He has vast experiences in management of complicated urological tumours, stones diseases benign prostate enlargement and penile parafinoma.
He completed his fellowship of Laparascopic and Robotic Surgery in Urology Department, 301 Chinese People Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing China, 2018. Urology department of this hospital is the world leading center in laparoscopic and robotic surgery. He was trained under Professor Zhang Xu who is a well known figure in laparoscopic and robotic urology surgery. He is a certified console surgeon for da Vinci Robotic Surgical System.
范医生是泌尿外科副教授, 他专长于泌尿内镜手术， 腹腔镜和机器人泌尿手术（无创以及微创手术）。他擅长于医治肾脏，膀胱，前列腺，睾丸肿瘤，肾，输尿管结石，前列腺增生以及各类泌尿科疾病。他在处理复杂性的泌尿科肿瘤，结石以前列腺增生疾病有着丰富的经验。
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), University Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2006
- Masters in Surgery (General Surgery), University Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2013
- Membership of Royal College of Surgeon (MRCS) Ireland, 2009
- Urology Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow FRSC (Urol) (Glasg), 2018
- Certified Urologist by Malaysia Board of Urology, 2018
- Certified Console Surgeon for da Vinci Robotic Surgical System
- Urology Specialist in Hospital Pulau Pinang Malaysia, 2016
- Fellow in Laparascopic and Robotic Surgery, Urology Department, 301 Chinese People Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing China, 2018
- Consultant in Urology Unit, Surgery Department, UKMMC, current
- Coordinator Examiner for Undergraduate Final Professional Examination, UKM, 2014
- Coordinator Examiner for Undergraduate Final Professional Repeater Examination, UKM, 2014
- Coordinator Examiner for Year 3, Undergraduate Surgical Module, UKM, 2014-2016
- Medical Lecturer in Urology Unit, Surgery Department, UKMMC, current
- Supervisors for Doctor of General Surgery (UKM) trainees
- Supervisor for Malaysia Board of urology trainee
- Speaker for ‘Overall of prostate cancer: Approach and treatment option for localized prostate cancer’ in Prostate Cancer Seminar 2016, Penang.
- Speaker for ‘ADT Options in treatment of advance prostate cancer and its related side effects’ in A New Beginning! A Prostate Cancer Seminar 2017, Kuala Lumpur.
- Speaker for ‘Techniques and Outcomes of Robotic Assisted IVC Thrombectomy in RCC’, in Asian Summit on Robotic Surgery, 2018
- Hands on instructor for AUSTEG Laparoscpic Upper Tract Surgery Course, Bangkok Thailand, 2019
- Teaching Faculty for UKM Upper Urinary Tract Hands-on Laparoscopic Workshop, 2019
- Speaker for 'Low risk prostate cancer in robotic era: Active surveillance or surgery', in 20th Congress of Urological Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing China, 2019
- Speaker for 'Imaging of Prostate and Intervention: What the Urologist Want', 6th Asia Pacific Congress Of Interventional Oncology (APCIO), 2019
- Speaker for 'Urological Management of RCC: What’s On The Plate', 6th Asia Pacific Congress Of Interventional Oncology (APCIO), 2019
- Convener For Advanced Urology Course – Urological Oncology (Prostate, Penism Testicular) for Malaysian urology trainee, Kuala Lumpur 2020.
- Speaker for ‘Suturing Procedure in Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy and Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy’, in Ethicon –Sales Advanced Program 2020
- Speaker for China – Malaysia webinar: Gaining Access for Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL) 20 June 2020
- Guest of discussion in The 2020 Belt and Road Urological Summit 8 August 2020
- Speaker for Evolution of Treatment Paradigm for Localised Prostate Cancer in Webinar Understanding Prostate Cancer: The Important Role General Practitioners, 29th August 2020
- Judge and mentor for Uro- Hackathon in MIS by AUSTEG, 26th June 2021
- Speaker for How to Prevent Complication in PCNL in Asia Pasific Endouroloy Program (APEC) PCNL Webinar, 11st September 2021
- Speaker for Improving Patient Life With Early Treatment in CRPC in Astella Webinar, 23rd September 2021
- Speaker for From CSPC to CRPC, What We Can Do For Patient? Hainan Annual Urological Congress 2021, 25th September 2021
- Speaker for Treatment Update in Non-metastatic CRPC in 8th Golden Bridge International Urological Conference, 20th Novemeber 2021
- Speaker for Surgical Management in Renal Tumour in Malaysia Society of Interventional Radiology Annual Scietific Meeting 2021, 3rd to 5th December 2021
- Oversea speaker for PCNL complication and post-op care in Masters in Stones Workshop by Philiphine Urological Association, 18th to 19th Febraury 2022
- Speaker for Case Sharing From Malaysia in Rezum Meet The Expert, 24th March 2022
- Guest Speaker in Rezum Water Vapour Therapy BPH: Malaysia Experience, Sabah Urology Update 2022, 24th to 25th March 2022
- Course Director and Instructor for AUSTEG- UKM Laparoscopic Hand-on Urology Workshop, 23th April 2022
- Speaker for Management strategy for advance prostate cancer in Peer to Peer Knowledge Exchange Forum, 13th May 2022
- Course Director and Instructor for Basic Laparoscopic Workshop for Master Surgical trainee 2022, 13th May 2022
- Speaker for Rezum Patient Expectation and Perioperative Management in Celebrating Rezum 1 year old in Malaysia, 6th August 2022
- Speaker for Laparoscopic Retroperitoneal Kidney Surgery: Is It Challenging? In 48th Annual Scietific Congress of the College of Surgeons, Academy of Medicine Malaysia
- Speaker for Upper Pole Puncture: Is it a rountine way to go? In The Hong Kong Congress of Endourology 2022
- Speaker for Understanding the Landmark in Laparoscopic Retroperitoneal Surgery, in 45th Annual Scientific Meeting of Indonesian Urological Association (ASMIUA)
- Scientific Committee Member for 17th Urological Association of Asia Congress (UAA2019)
- Director for Special Interest Group of Minimal Invasive Surgery (Laparoscopic), Malaysia Urology Association, 2019- 2020.
- Expert reviewer for 17th Urological Association of Asia Congres (UAA 2019)
- Course Director for UKM Upper Urinary Tract Hands-on Laparoscopic Workshop 2019
- International Faculty for 20th Congress of Urological Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing China, 2019
- Faculty for 6th Asia Pacific Congress Of Interventional Oncology (APCIO), 2019
- Committee Member for Malaysia Society for Fertility Preservation (MSFP), 2020- 2022
- Faculty for The Asian Urological Surgery Training & Education Group (AUSTEG), 2022
- Workshop director for AUSTEG- UKM Laparoscopic Hand-on Urology Workshop, April 2022
- Excellent Service Award University Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2014
- Best Oral Trainees Award at 25th Malaysia Urological Conference 2016
- Chapter 19: Patient Position and Trocar Placement for Lower Urinary Tract Surgery.
Springer 2020: 173-178
- Chapter 20: Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy in Male Patients and Urinary Diversion.
Springer 2020: 179-192
- Chapter 22: Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy for Female Patients.
Springer 2020: 207-216
- Chaprter 24: Laparoscopic Ureteral Reimplantation.
Springer 2020: 225-228
- Chapter 25: Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Ureteral Reimplantation.
Springer 2020 229-23
Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery in Urology Editors: Zhang, Xu (Ed.)
"Health is the most important thing you have in life!"
Contact us now to schedule an appointment.